Jan 11th, 2020
In this episode, Jonathan Little, the owner of PokerCoaching.com, 2-time WPT Champion with $7,000,000 in tournament cashes, and 15-time author, shares how to make sure your life never feels like a grind. He explains the inspiration for his books, why he always seeks to learn and study from people who are better, and why it’s important to know the fundamentals before you move away from them. Tune in to hear the keystone habits that Jonathan implements in his life, the strategies he’d teach his younger self, and how he keeps his cool regardless of who’s at the table.
Visit Jeff Gross - The Flow Show or find us on iTunes to subscribe, visit previous episodes, and learn more about your host, Jeff Gross.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:00 – 20:00 – Introducing Jonathan, his journey, his coaching site, and his projects.
- 20:00 – 43:00 – His book, adjusting away from fundamentals, and his past wins.
- 43:00 – 59:00 – On meeting his wife, breaking rules, and learning from others.
- 00:59:00 – 01:19:30 – Keystone habits, studying, and the three kinds of people who play.
- 01:19:30 – 01:37:30 – His work schedule, how he fits in poker, and some stories.
- 01:37:30 – 02:00:30 – Dealing with downswings, creating content, and his favorite hands.
- 02:00:30 – 02:20:00 – A PLO strategy, why he prefers soft games, and how the scene has changed.
3 Key Points
- Hire a coach to save time and money.
- Do what you love!
- Stay level-headed regardless of who’s at the table.