Jan 22nd, 2020
In this episode, Kristy Arnett, a poker player, content creator, and writer, shares how she met her husband and played poker with him on their very first date. She also talks about when she felt stagnant in her career and almost got a divorce – and what she did to get out of her rut. Kristy reveals the personal work she’s done over the years to get aligned with her purpose and vision - and has turned her focus on what makes her happy. Tune in to learn how Kristy makes sound decisions, grounds herself, and stays present in the game– and how you can, too.
Visit Jeff Gross - The Flow Show or find us on iTunes to subscribe, visit previous episodes, and learn more about your host, Jeff Gross.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:00 – 17:30 - Kristy’s beginnings, journey, risks, recent games, and wins.
- 17:30 – 34:00 - On quitting Poker News, personal development, and managing her content.
- 34:00 – 01:00:00 - What makes her happy, gives her purpose, and propels her forward.
- 01:00:00 – 01:30:00 - On mindset, routines, memorable interviews, and future plans.
- 01:30:00 – 01:50:00 - Her 2020 goals, the opportunities poker has given her, and how she chills.
- 01:50:00 – 02:06:00 - On her YouTube channel and favorite vloggers.
- 02:06:00 – 02:18:00 – On poker strategy, the issue with narrow teaching styles, and Party Poker.
3 Key Points
- Good is the enemy of great.
- Do what makes you happy!
- Poker gives you massive opportunities to up-level yourself.