In this episode, Luke Schwartz, a professional poker player, WSOP bracelet winner, and UK Poker GOAT, shares the surprising way he used to get money as a teen. He talks about the challenge that catalyzed a turning point in his career and what he believes are the most critical parts of the game. Luke also breaks down the mindset struggles he faces and confesses that he doesn’t study. Tune in to learn why Luke doesn’t recommend playing poker as a career and hear how playing high-stakes has affected his daily life.
Visit Jeff Gross - The Flow Show or find us on iTunes to subscribe, visit previous episodes, and learn more about your host, Jeff Gross.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:00 – 27:30 - Luke’s poker journey and how he got into college with no credentials.
- 27:30 – 50:00 - A turning point in Luke’s career and the most critical parts of the game.
- 50:00 – 01:07:40 – His favorite sites, tournaments, health, wins, and Vegas trips.
- 01:07:40 – 01:27:00 - Luke’s WSOP win and what he sees as the good and bad of poker.
- 01:27:00 – 01:50:00 – On sports, hot clubs in the UK, traveling, and high-stakes.
- 01:50:00 – 02:15:00 - On forums, funny prop bets, drugs, and predictions.
3 Key Points
- Not everyone who gets far studies – but it’s still recommended.
- Even the pros still work through mindset challenges.
- Poker isn’t easy money.