Jan 11th, 2020
In this episode, Lynn Gilmartin, the anchor of the World Poker Tour on Fox Sports Networks, shares how she got into the industry and what attracted her to poker. She talks about her Poker Players for Australian Wildlife campaign and why she’s so passionate about protecting the animals in her country. With all her travels – and long-term, long-distance relationship – she’s got tricks up her sleeve for beating jetlag, maintaining work-life balance, and still having time for new passions. Tune in to learn Lynn’s favorite poker player and learn the strategies she uses to keep improving her game.
Visit Jeff Gross - The Flow Show or find us on iTunes to subscribe, visit previous episodes, and learn more about your host, Jeff Gross.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:00 – 20:00 - Introducing Lynn and her journey, attraction to poker, romantic partner, and philanthropy work to preserve Australian wildlife.
- 20:00 – 41:30 – On work-life balance, how she beats jetlag, and how she learned poker.
- 41:30 – 01:02:30 – Her big win, having kids someday, and generosity in the poker world.
- 01:02:30 – 01:19:00 – Her favorite poker player, her own playing, and what’s on the horizon.
- 01:19:00 – 01:40:00 – Why she loves poker and how we can make a positive impact on the planet.
- 01:40:00 – 02:00:00 – On how she improves her game and punishes men at the table – and some tips for getting into the poker world and avoiding spiders.
3 Key Points
- Make small changes to your lifestyle to make a big impact on the planet.
- Donate to important causes – like Lynn’s Poker Players for Australian Wildlife campaign.
- Don’t be shy and put your consistent, quality content out there!