In this episode, Phil Galfond, PLO legend and founder of Run It Once, reflects on when he accelerated his game the most. He talks about the evolution of poker and how he was affected by both positive and negative changes in the poker world. He tells the story of how Run It Once was born and shares the missing links he saw in other poker sites that inspired him to create something better. Tune in to learn why Phil keeps a consistent schedule, how positivity led to his biggest win, and what challenges are up ahead.
Visit Jeff Gross - The Flow Show or find us on iTunes to subscribe, visit previous episodes, and learn more about your host, Jeff Gross.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:00 – 19:00 - Introducing Phil and his poker journey.
- 19:00 – 39:00 - On playing multiple games, bad habits, and the beginnings of Run It Once.
- 39:00 – 57:00 - Black Friday, Phil’s Twitter love, and positivity.
- 57:00 – 01:06:30 - On how he keeps a consistent schedule and why he started a poker site.
- 01:06:30 – 01:23:30 - On opponents, creating an ecosystem, and challenges.
- 01:23:30 – 01:47:00 - A book recommendation, HUDs, and what makes his site different.
- 01:47:00 – 02:05:00 - Big wins and losses, playing multiple tables, and his favorite hands.
3 Key Points
- Be aware of the habits you pick up when you play certain games.
- Positivity is attractive!
- If you see something you want changed, be proactive and change it.